Sunday, August 23, 2015

We've Lost Sue Long Larson

When Quaker Oats transferred her dad to Chicago, Sue moved into an apartment a short block from my house ---- and we became fast friends. How well I remember weekly exciting canasta games with Sue and her mom; I remember ice skating on St Joe's creek ---- and I remember the day Sue fell and broke her leg while ice skating. I remember her folks taking us to the big dog show in Chicago; suffice it to say, I remember a wonderful time spent growing up with Sue.

With the arrival of high school came our heading different directions. But my fondness for Sue never lessened. And how happy I was to learn she married Dick Larson, another childhood friend who grew up a couple of blocks from me.

2 years ago, I was stunned and saddened to learn Sue had been diagnosed with stage 4 ovarian cancer. She fought valiantly to beat this, but in the end ....... Sue passed away peacefully August 14. As Dick said in a note to me, "Heaven has a new angel".

I'm sure all in the class join me in sending our deepest sympathy to Dick and family; certainly, we all share their grief.

No comments: